This teaching was given as part of our family service on 27th January 2019, taught by Pastor Barry Forder.
In this session we look at the opening 5 verses of Paul’s first letter to Timothy and see that Paul gives Timothy two essential qualities that should be found in any spiritual officer within the church:
- He must be a man of faith, and
- He must be motivated by love.
Paul also explains the three fundamental responsibilities for a pastor in a local church:
1) Teach sound doctrine vv.1-11
2) Proclaim the Gospel vv.12-17
3) Defend the faith vv.18-20
Above all, what we do in the church must be done in love, out of a pure mind and good conscience.
May you be blessed and encouraged by this study.